Strata Property Management
Stratas are a unique entity in that you have a wide range of personalities, each with their own opinions and expectations, living in separate residences, but under one roof.
We know that homeowners make a substantial emotional and financial investment in their homes, but there is also another piece of the puzzle to consider. Common areas and facilities need to be cared for and maintained to enhance the value of your home and the quality of your life.
Strata council members volunteer their time and energy without compensation, for the benefit of the entire community. Often this can be a time-consuming and thankless job. Our job, as your strata property manager is to support the strata council and help minimize the disruption on their lives. We also act as a liaison with residents regarding bylaw enforcement, complaints, maintenance issues, special requests, etc.
We work a little bit
Our staff are professional, skilled, and participate in ongoing education to stay abreast of industry standards and the ever-shifting laws.
And best of all, we are down to earth and friendly. Working hard for you, with integrity and honesty, is our top priority.
Just the Essentials Financial Management:
- Management of bank accounts
- Collect strata fees
- Delinquency follow ups for fees / bylaw infractions
- Bill approval/payments
- Financial report preparation
- Year-end report
- Budget/depreciation report preparation and distribution
- Owner list maintenance
- Records and files maintenance
- Preparation and processing of forms & documents
- By law enforcement
- Owner Liaison
- Annual general meeting planning, preparation, and attendance at the meeting.
In addition to the above listed financial services, your strata can pick and choose other tasks you wish us to take on or be involved with. This would be on a fee for service basis.
Not all stratas are built the same. Depending on size of your building, time constraints/availability of council, scale of maintenance, etc., not all services may be necessary. For example, if the strata council requires assistance an individual project or an outstanding issue, just let us know and we be involved with just that one item, just like any other contractor. That way, you’re only paying for what you truly need at that time, rather than a full management contract all the time.
How it works:
On larger projects, if you request our assistance, we can manage and coordinate the project on behalf of the strata. When issues arise, we would receive the calls. We would arrange for quotes to be submitted, review and summarize them to your council, make any recommendations, and finally oversee repairs to completion. We would provide an accurate evaluation at the outset of the project, and then invoice the strata on completion for your a-la-carte service.
- Site inspections
- 24/7 emergency service – including dealing with emergency personnel and insurance adjusters
- Strata council meeting attendance/recording of minutes
- Special General Meeting Attendance/chairing/recording of minutes
- Obtaining quotes and contracts for insurance, repairs/maintenance, and capital replacement
- Obtaining/negotiating service contracts
- Involvement with ongoing service contracts
- Payroll for on-site personnel
This is the perfect solution for stratas that are comfortable handling the majority of the physical assets, but just need an extra bit of assistance from time to time.
We are proud members of the Condominium Home Owners Association (CHOA) and Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association (VISOA)
Contact us today and let us prove to you that property management can be a headache-free and worry-free experience that won’t empty your wallet.