Why We’re the Cats Pajamas?
Whether you’ve got a house here that might someday be your retirement home,
Or a luxury home you are fearful of putting in the rental market,
Or a condo that may house your kids through university,
The secret to protecting and preserving that cherished investment?
Is an amazing property management company.
One that treats your home like it was their own.
And treats you like an honoured guest.
Sure, you’ve saved for years to get that down payment.
You’ve done that kitchen renovation all by yourself.
Maybe even your first child was born within those four walls.
And it’s these things that make that house more than just a home; it’s a reservoir of cherished memories.
And now you are renting it. Can be scary stuff!
So it’s not something you’d trust to just anyone.
Because while someone may be able to pay the rent,
They must also be capable of treating your safe haven with the respect it deserves.
Perhaps you’ve finally bought yourself that condo—a place that is truly yours.
You’ve painted every room, hung stylish new art work (and one of them, is an original!).
Maybe you’ve even adopted that first pet, your steadfast little companion.
This is more than a place you live, it’s a place you take fierce pride in.
So your property management company? Better know their business inside and out.
Because nasty financial surprises, poor maintenance, or dropping property values are not just unwelcome, they are downright unacceptable.
Then why does it happen?
There are a lot of reasons. The number one reason, we suspect, is a lack of vigilance and hustle.
At Oakwood Property Management, we guarantee hustle.
We’ll look after the details, so you can look after living your life—walking the dog, taking the kids to soccer, finally taking that “once in a lifetime” trip.
The details that truly matter–the details that infuse your life with happiness and satisfaction.
Just imagine no more:
- Hearing “I’m sorry, but we’re no longer managing smaller stratas. They’re just not … viable.” Say what?
- Trying to find tenants who are always late with their rent or a “midnight move”?
- Finding it difficult to deal with tenants while trying to enjoy your treasured extended holiday?
- Absentee property managers that only set foot on your property because you’ve called them about a problem. Ummm, what about preventative maintenance?
- Waiting days to get a call back from your property manager.
- Being unsure of how to go about renting out an inherited or luxury property?
- Being scared to rent your property as you move to a retirement residence?
- Mismanagement of repair/remediation projects that end up costing thousands more than it should.
We think you deserve better. We’re small, local, and completely committed to you. We know that Victoria is about community and relationships, and that treating people with care and respect is the most important commandment of business.
Let us prove to you that our word is as good as gold.
- No in-house maintenance division – We have a retainer of trusted, reasonable, but independent contractors that are available quickly to deal with emergencies or perform scheduled maintenance. We believe it is not in the homeowner’s or strata’s best interests to use an in-house maintenance division, as there is no incentive to be competitive and provide top-notch quality work.
- We’re based right here in Victoria – We live here. We work here. We shop here. So we understand the market, the neighbourhoods, and municipal rules (don’t forget, 13 different mini cities within the city!)
- Maximizing your property’s potential – We provide valuable insights via market analysis and real estate liaison to ensure that you are getting the maximum rental value for your property.
- No strata is too small – There is no corporate head office imposing rules about the size of properties we can manage. While other companies may be leaving the smaller stratas behind, we are thrilled to work with you. Whether you’ve got 4 units or 400, we are here for you.
- Regular site visits and inspections – You are all equally important to us. We guarantee to keep a watchful eye on your investment—be it your home, your condo complex, or your commercial unit. Anything of concern is reported immediately, with follow through of any necessary action. Any required maintenance to keep property values at their optimum is conveyed immediately and executed per your instructions.
- You will never, ever get an answering service – There will always be a live person on the other end of the phone. No answering service. No “mail jail” telling you to press option 1. Just a friendly helpful voice, even if it’s 1:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning. Disclaimer from Carol: “There is an odd time that you may get my voice mail, like if there is a natural disaster … or I’m in the shower! In which case, please leave your name, and I’ll call you back within the hour!”
- No Complicated Exit Clauses in our Contracts – Many property management companies will require stratas to hold a Special General Meeting and get a three quarter vote to nullify a current contract. At Oakwood, we just don’t see any need for this. If you’re not happy, then you shouldn’t have to jump through hoops or walk on hot coals to make it happen. But we’re confident that our customer service will ensure that leaving is the furthest thing from your mind!
- Expertise and Experience – We are motivated, enthusiastic, and really love what we do. We have the experience minus the jaundiced viewpoint and self entitlement that many multi-generational companies display. We chose to start this company to fill a need in Victoria, and are having way more fun than the competition!
- Residential Tenancy Act & Strata Property Act & Regulations – We make it our business to know these complex, technical, and ever-changing documents inside and out, so we can make the best financial, budgeting, maintenance, and tenancy recommendations for your investment.
- Home Owner’s Utility Payments – If you’re renting your house, and the tenant doesn’t pay the hydro bill, BC Hydro cuts off the juice, and will pursue the tenant for their due. However, did you know that if your tenant doesn’t pay the water bill, it can show up in a monstrous lump sum at property tax time, and you (the homeowner) are on the hook for it? That’s scary stuff, so we offer a service to collect this payment as part of the rent from your tenant, so you never have to worry about a crippling bill showing up at property tax time – sometimes long after the tenant has moved out – good luck collecting it then!!.
PROUDLY SERVING SOUTHERN VANCOUVER ISLAND including:
Victoria, Oak bay, Esquimalt, Saanich, Sidney, View Royal, Colwood, Langford, Metchosin
Contact us today and let us prove to you that property management can be a headache-free and worry-free experience that won’t empty your wallet.